Start | The List | Tentative | Timeline | Connections | Community | Missing | Forum | Resources | Blog

Lake Nakuru National Park

Lake Nakuru National Park is part of the Tentative List in order to qualify for inclusion in the World Heritage List.

Click here for a short description of the site, as delivered by the State Party

Reviews

Jorge Sanchez (Spain):
Nakuru National Park is very close to Nairobi, so even if you have a couple of days in Kenya, you can visit it.
There are two millions of pink flamingos, 150 giraffes, zebras, monkeys and other animals, apart from five rhinos (two white and three black).
I got there hitchhiking. The couple who picked me up were from Switzerland and arriving to the check point I did not had to pay the entry fee as individual, because the Swiss couple paid for the car. So I enjoyed with them the views of that park during thrree hours. Once we finished, I continued my way overland to Ethiopia, boarding trucks.
Date posted: July 2013
Alonzo Baldwin (United States):
Nakura National Park is a wildlife sanctuary for some of the most beautiful creatures on earth. Before you travel from Nairobi to Nakura dress in appropriate wear for the season and pack a nice lunch plus plenty of liquids. It takes approximately 4 1/2 hours travel time from Nairobi. I advise you to rent a personal driver with Land Rover, Land Cruiser or dependable transport. Do not travel with a large group, because it is an all day trip and will be very uncomfortable. Once you reach the park it cost $30.00 US for entry. Kenyan Nationals only pay $10.00. Be careful because the monkeys at the parking lot area will snatch your belongings. Don't be impatient to see the animals just let your guide drive you' he or she will point out the animals and give you plenty of time to take photos and record your experience. My wife and I were in Lake Nakura after the flamingo migration began; therefore we missed the large concentration on the lake. The Lion, Rhinoceros Zebra, wilderbeast and Giraffe are animals you'll spot throughout this haven of a wildlife area. Nothing will make your journey complete without lunch at the Stanley Lodge located at the southwester edge of the Park.
Date posted: September 2009

Have you been to Lake Nakuru National Park? Share your experiences!

Add your own review

Site info

Lake Nakuru National Park
This site is part of the Tentative list of: Kenya

Site History:
1999 Tentative list
Submitted as tentative site by State Party

News and links:

© WHS 1997-2014 | Contact