Start | The List | Tentative | Timeline | Connections | Community | Missing | Forum | Resources | Blog

Phimai, its Cultural Route and the Associated Temples of Phanomroong and Muangtam

Phimai, its Cultural Route and the Associated Temples of Phanomroong and Muangtam is part of the Tentative List in order to qualify for inclusion in the World Heritage List.

Click here for a short description of the site, as delivered by the State Party

Reviews

Bas (Thailand):
I'm a Thai and I think that these Hindu temples and castles are spectacular and they quite well preserved. Phnom Rung, which was dedicated to Shiva, was built in 12-13 centuries and located on dormant volcano top. Muang Tam, 5 km from Phanom Rung was built in the same era it is enclosed by beautiful artificial pool. I went there many times, and I still impressed them and wonder in Hindu's believe.
Especially Reclining Vishnu lantle at Phnom Rung is very beautiful. And on the day of Equinox the sun light will penetrate all of the door of the castle.
Date posted: January 2009

Have you been to Phimai, its Cultural Route and the Associated Temples of Phanomroong and Muangtam? Share your experiences!

Add your own review

Site info

Phimai, its Cultural Route and the Associated Temples of Phanomroong and Muangtam
This site is part of the Tentative list of: Thailand

Site History:
2004 Tentative list
Submitted as tentative site by State Party

News and links:
» Thailand has nominated the Khmer-style Ta Muen Thom temple, situated on disputed Thai-Cambodian border area, to be listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site (05-08-2008).

© WHS 1997-2014 | Contact