Start | The List | Tentative | Timeline | Connections | Community | Missing | Forum | Resources | Blog

Northern Marshall Islands Atolls

Northern Marshall Islands Atolls is part of the Tentative List in order to qualify for inclusion in the World Heritage List.

Click here for a short description of the site, as delivered by the State Party

Reviews

Jorge Sanchez (Spain):
The plane that I took in Kosrae with destination Majuro offered me wonderful views over the atolls in Marshall Islands.
I specially asked for a seat with window. I saw several atolls with a beauty beyond imagination seen from that plane.
We landed in Kwajalein before proceeding to Majuro, a sinking atoll where its people are suffering for the Evergreen Effect; soon they will have to find another place to live.
I asked to get off the plane during the time of transit, but I was not allowed. I asked why and I was told by the security officers that it was to help me, to prevent me from getting exposed to residual radiation from nuclear testing conducted in the Marshall in the past
Only about one thousand people lived in that coral atoll, one of the largest of the world.

After that few hours stop the airplane continued the flight until Majuro admiring again several amazing atolls through the window of my seat.
Date posted: September 2013

Have you been to Northern Marshall Islands Atolls? Share your experiences!

Add your own review

Site info

Northern Marshall Islands Atolls
This site is part of the Tentative list of: Marshall Islands

Site History:
2010Incomplete - not examined
Ailinginae Atoll – Aelonin-ae “Island of Currents”
2005 Tentative list
Submitted as tentative site by State Party

News and links:

© WHS 1997-2014 | Contact