Start | The List | Tentative | Timeline | Connections | Community | Missing | Forum | Resources | Blog

Parc National du Pico da Neblina (Amazonas)

Parc National du Pico da Neblina (Amazonas) is part of the Tentative List in order to qualify for inclusion in the World Heritage List.

Click here for a short description of the site, as delivered by the State Party

Reviews

Jorge Sanchez (Spain):
Although I did not climb the highest peak of Brazil, Pico da Neblina (about 3.000 meters), I crossed its National Park navigating during a whole day in my way in raft along the Rio Negro from Santa Isabel do Rio Negro to São Gabriel da Cachoeira. The flora and the fauna of that park is extraordinary.
I asked permission to the FUNAI (Fundação Nacional do Índio) to get closer to the Pico da Neblina and then to cross to Venezuela, but I was denied the permit because the conflict between the Indians and the garimpeiros searching for gold, so I only could stay in the National Park but not getting too close to the Indian villages or to the Pico da Neblina.
I waited for a whole week in São Gabriel da Cachoeira, and finally I managed to get to Mitu, in Colombia, after three days navigation by rafts crossing villages that were lepers’ colonies.
Date posted: April 2014

Have you been to Parc National du Pico da Neblina (Amazonas)? Share your experiences!

Add your own review

Site info

Parc National du Pico da Neblina (Amazonas)
This site is part of the Tentative list of: Brazil

Site History:
1996 Tentative list
Submitted as tentative site by State Party

News and links:

© WHS 1997-2014 | Contact