Start | The List | Tentative | Timeline | Connections | Community | Missing | Forum | Resources | Blog

The Historic City of Dublin

The Historic City of Dublin is part of the Tentative List in order to qualify for inclusion in the World Heritage List.

Click here for a short description of the site, as delivered by the State Party

Reviews

Jorge Sanchez (Spain):
I arrived to Dublin hitchhiking from Cork, in the south.
In Dublin I slept in a Youth Hostel centrally located and not far from the famous Temple Bar area, where I used to frequent the pubs in the company of some customers of my Youth Hostel, Spanish and Italians, to drink black beers Guinness without coercion.
I liked Dublin atmosphere. It was a much more pleasant and more at a human level city than the giant London. Many Spaniards had chosen pretty Dublin to learn English, and even to work.

I spent three days exploring the touristsí attractions of downtown Dublin, the most historical, such as the Catholic Cathedral St Patrick, the churches, the Town Hall, as well as the lovely parks, etc.
The forth day I travelled to Rosslare, in the south of Dublin, and boarded a ferry to Fishguard, in Wales.
Date posted: September 2013
Clyde (Malta):
As much as I enjoyed Dublin, I really don't think that it deserves to be listed in the WH list. To much urbanisation although interesting to visit!
Date posted: February 2013

Have you been to The Historic City of Dublin? Share your experiences!

Add your own review

Site info

The Historic City of Dublin
This site is part of the Tentative list of: Ireland

Site History:
2010 Tentative list
Submitted as tentative site by State Party

News and links:

© WHS 1997-2014 | Contact