Start | The List | Tentative | Timeline | Connections | Community | Missing | Forum | Resources | Blog

Cultural Landscape of Canyon in Kamenets-Podilsk

Cultural Landscape of Canyon in Kamenets-Podilsk is part of the Tentative List in order to qualify for inclusion in the World Heritage List.

Click here for a short description of the site, as delivered by the State Party

Reviews

Tsunami (USA):
Out of over 500 cities I have visited in Europe, this site puzzles me the most in regard to why it has not been inscribed on the list yet. I believe it has been nominated over 2 decades. The natural setting on which this cultural town sits is so unusual and therefore so mind-boggling. It has to be the politics, although I don't know the politics. Preservation works are underway but would probably take years to come. It's unfortunate that, since this town is located in the middle of nowhere with no ohter attractions nearby, very few foreigners visit this site. I'd say if this town were in Western Europe, say in France, it would be as big a tourist attraction as Mont-Saint-Michel or Carcassonne. So the town wouldn't get much money from tourists, either. It's all the more reason why the UNESCO should inscribe it and protect/preserve it as soon as possible.
Date posted: August 2010

Have you been to Cultural Landscape of Canyon in Kamenets-Podilsk? Share your experiences!

Add your own review

Site info

Cultural Landscape of Canyon in Kamenets-Podilsk
This site is part of the Tentative list of: Ukraine

Site History:
1989 Tentative list
Submitted as tentative site by State Party

News and links:

© WHS 1997-2014 | Contact