Reduced from broader TWHS
WHS that were originally nominated to cover a broader area or more locations, but were reduced to the current area during the process before AB evaluation.
For reductions during/after AB evaluation, see this connection: Part of Cultural nomination rejected.
- Acropolis TWHS originally included hellenistic, Roman and Neoclassical monuments of Athens.
- Aqueduct of Padre Tembleque Originally included also Town, Convent, Aqueduct and Water Tank of Tepeapulco and Archaeological Site of Xihuingo
- Arab-Norman Palermo Used to include botanic garden (Historic centre of Palermo, botanic garden and Monreale complex (1996)).
- Assisi TWHS originally included the work of Fra Angelico in Cortona.
- Choirokoitia TWHS originally included Tenta and Agios Dimitrios at Kalavassos.
- Costiera Amalfitana From Bay of Naples with Capri, Ischia and Procida
- Dolomites TWHS originally included further sections of the Alps including the Western Alps.
- Early Christian Necropolis of Pécs TWHS originally included later monuments, mainly art nouveau.
- Great Burkhan Khaldun Mountain The TWHS also consisted of 2 other sacred locations, Sacred Binder Mountain & Baldan Bereeven Monastery, which were deleted from the nomination before ICOMOS ev
- Heritage of Mercury TWHS originally included the Camino Real and San Luis Potosi, which were separately inscribed.
- Holy Trinity Column TWHS originally included the entire town centre
- Malpelo TWHS originally included Gorgona island.
- Mount Carmel Caves TWHS originally included Shaar HaGolan and Ovadia.
- Mount Hamiguitan TWHS originally included Mount Apo.
- Nan Madol Lelu was originally included
- Qhapaq Ñan Nomination was for 291 locations, 'only' 273 were inscribed
- Ravenna From 'Ravenna and Pomposa'
- Rjukan / Notodden Used to include Odda/Tyssedal Link
- São Francisco Square TWHS was originally a serial nomination of the Franciscan convents of North-East Brasil. After a deferral in 2008 the TWHS was reduced to Sao Cristovao alone.
- Silk Roads Only a part of the Kyrgyz section of the transnational nomination was inscribed. The inscribed as well as uninscribed sections still appear as TWHS, probably as an extension.
- Thessalonika TWHS originally included archaeic and classical monuments of Thessaloniki.
- Tusi Sites Used to include a 4th location: Rongmei Tusi Site: N 29°56'16.4" , E 110°04'27.5" Link
- Villa d'Este TWHS originally included Villa Gregoriana as well.
- Vineyard Landscape of Piedmont Wine Grape landscapes: Langhe, Roero, Monferrato and Valtellina
- Volubilis TWHS originally included Moulay Idriss Zerhoun which is now a separate TWHS.
- Wooden Churches of Southern Malopolska TWHS comprised 9 wooden churches, the ones at Szalowa, Orawka and Lachowice were left out
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Reduced from broader TWHS
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source