Prominent cafés established before WWI that still exist within the borders of a WHS.
- Budapest Budapest (Gerbeaud 1858, Ruszwurm 1824)
- Cracow Antre de Michalik Link
- Oporto Majestic café Link
- Prague Louvre (1902), Slavia (1881)
- Regensburg Cafe Prinzess next to the city hall (from 1686)
- Rome Greco, 18th century
- Salzburg Tomaselli, 1705
- Tallinn maiasmokk café (since 1864) Link
- Venice and its Lagoon Cafe Florian 1720
- Vienna Central (opened in 1860, and in the late nineteenth century it became a key meeting place of the Viennese intellectual scene), Demel (1786), Sacher (1876), Landtmann (1873, preferred café of Sigmund Freud)
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Historical cafés
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source