Masterworks made of reinforced concrete.
- Bauhaus Sites
- Berlin Modernism Housing Estates From Nomination file "Taut managed to harmonise unusual expressionist details like the reinforced concrete pillars at the loggias whose tipped attachments almost reach the eaves with the cubic strictness of neues bauen" Re the bridge house by Otto Rudolf Salvisberg "The 40 m wide building of reinforced concrete rests on four rows of pillars with narrow cross-section and with its four upper storeys it looks as if it was weightlessly floating between the five-storied adjacent buildings"
- Brasilia Quote from "History of Reinforced concrete": "Oscar Niemeyer (Brasil) built new capital of the country ? Brasilia ? from reinforced concrete."
- Centennial Hall
- Central University City Campus of the UNAM "The campus (referred to as the CU: Ciudad Universitaria, or "University City") is an urban enclave within which buildings are compositionally placed upon a large pedestrian open space. In addition to a canonically Modern spatial and programmatic distribution, the high architectural quality of its reinforced concrete and masonry buildings earned the CU a classification in 2007 by UNESCO as a World Heritage site,"
- Ciudad Universitaria de Caracas
- Defence Line of Amsterdam The invention of the brisance grenade (which would explode on impact of the target) necessitated the change from masonry to concrete forts.
- Le Havre
- Luis Barragán House and Studio Casa Luis Barragan is constructed of reinforced concrete with wooden floor/roof beams
- Nord-Pas de Calais Mining Basin Headframe of the Fosse Dutemple Link
- Rio de Janeiro made of reinforced concrete and soapstone (wiki) Link
- The Architectural Work of Le Corbusier
- Tugendhat Villa
- Van Nellefabriek
- White City of Tel-Aviv
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Reinforced Concrete
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source